Code relating to sipXtapi is mainly in reflow and there are some traces of it in resip/recon
This code needs to be generalized to handle any arbitrary media stack before exploring some of the specific media stacks suggested in their own bugs.
Some initial work on this began here on a branch:
After looking at the code, I made some general observations about how to proceed:
- check if any other branches in the repository have anything for reflow or recon
- begin with generalizing the code in resip/recon/*, there are less references to sipX here
- make a table or diagram showing which classes touch sipX and the corresponding API on each side, macro names, variable names, class names and method names
- add an extra column to the table or diagram suggesting how each of these can be generalized
- add an extra column to the table or diagram with equivalent API method names from one of the other media stacks
Mostly done now
Since this commit, we can build resip/recon without having the sipXtapi headers present.