Potential Student Projects in VoIP and Multimedia
The reSIProcate community welcomes the opportunity to facilitate any type of student project, small or large, that may lead to the contribution of code back to reSIProcate, or the development of a new open-source project using reSIProcate as the foundation.
Where to start
Please communicate with us about your aims and project profile (duration, number of participants, campus, etc) through our [resiprocate-devel mailing list.
Help we can provide
- Help in identifying possible projects
- Review of your project plan and design documents
- Code review by professional software engineers
- reSIProcate or one of the commercial partners can facilitate projects under Google Summer of Code, Shell Step and other summer programs
By contributing to an open source project, you get extra benefits that you would not get in a regular internship or in-house university project:
- developing contacts in the wider software engineering community
- your work becomes part of the project, potential employers can easily view the code repository and understand your contributions and capabilities
- Extending the `click to dial' applications
- Converting the ichat-gw to work for any SIP-Jabber interaction (it only works with the iChat Jabber client at present)
- Creating new `monkey' classes to extend the functionality of the repro SIP proxy
- Integration with other systems (for example, LDAP directory authentication)